Road Safety, short CPD course
16 Apr 2012 to 20 Apr 2012
** Last chance to book **
A suite of courses at Newcastle University presented by leading expert, John Barrell of TRL, covering the themes of:
• Road safety policy
• Collision prevention and reduction
• Road safety Audits.
Who should attend?
• Local authorities and consultancy representatives that are interested in road safety and all its components;
• Those wanting to undertake road safety schemes;
• Those wanting to undertake road safety audits.
The objective of the courses is to provide participants with an understanding of road accident causation and prevention techniques, including data interpretation from accident and record analysis, insight into accident reduction measures and the road safety audit procedure. They will give an overall view of key road safety issues and will include formal lectures, case studies and practical cases, including site visits.
The Road Safety courses are geared to provide practitioners with the relevant training and CPD days to support membership of the CIHT Society of Road Safety Auditors requirements and achievement of a Certificate of Competence as required by IAN 152/11 in compliance with EC Directive 2008/96/EC.
• Road Safety Policy (16th -17th April) - £500
• Collision Prevention & Reduction ( 18th - 19th April) - £500
• Road Safety Audits (19th April - 20th April) - £500
A discounted fee of £1350 if all three courses booked
Recommendation:“The mixture of professional & academic discussion … most enjoyable aspect of the course… Good interaction between presenter and delegates”
The course is run in association with Jacobs and TRL