Local Sustainable Transport Fund - Various opportunities
Derby City Council has been shown the green light for its £4.922 million Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF) bid to cut carbon and boost economic growth. The total programme value is over £8m.
Derby’s bid, Better Ways to Work, was shaped in partnership with the local business community. The funding will unlock the potential for growth at key employment sites by encouraging low carbon sustainable travel and helping businesses to keep moving by minimising congestion.
We are therefore looking to create a new team of dynamic, experienced professionals to join Derby City Council. A core team of 3, based in the Transport Planning Group will coordinate and deliver the programme in partnership with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are receptive to a challenge. Some of the key attributes we are looking for include:
• a ‘can do’ attitude to finding the positives in every challenge, creating realistic and prioritised solutions that deliver results and demonstrating an enthusiastic approach that builds motivation
• effective programme and project management skills
• the ability to develop partnership working, successfully engaging and retaining interest of partners through excellent communication skills and a shared commitment to achieving results
• strong professional technical competencies related to the delivery of travel planning and smarter choices, direct experience of the delivery of behavioural change programmes would be beneficial
• strong technical skills including data analysis, research, monitoring and evaluation, problem solving and negotiation
• the ability to identify opportunities and deliver actions for continued improvement and sustaining delivery of this area
• a personal commitment to the aims and objectives of the programme
Closing dates Monday 30 July 2012 , Interviews w/c 6 August.