Competitive and dependent on experience
25 May 2012
Principal Design Engineer required providing the direction for our Operational Telecoms team to optimise delivery of outline and detailed operational telecoms design.
Responsible to the Engineering manager, you will manage the telecoms infrastructure capability and performance of our subcontractors working on our key GNGE project.
The successful candidate will be IRSE qualified; experienced in railway based telecommunications design experience and possess sound understanding of legacy and FTN transmission.
• Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of telecoms design work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
• Provide support and input to Project Managers, Project Engineers and the Engineering Manager on allocated projects.
• Assist with forecasting the overall design resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
• Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
• Direct such training as may be required including the briefing in of new technical instructions, procedures, handbooks and telecoms principles or package management.
• Undertake Project Engineering Manager duties on allocated projects as deemed necessary.
• Focus on individual and team development through the completion of annual performance appraisals, career reviews and through the management of poor performance.
• Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
• Act in the role of Contractors' Responsible Engineer as directed.
• Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
• Perform duties as directed by management from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
Excellent communications skills and people management.
Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer or Engineering Manager licence.
Chartered Engineer status.
Lineside telecoms distribution experience.
Experienced in all aspects of Railway Systems Engineering
Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
A1 Assessor Qualification
|Closing date passed|