Competitive and dependent on experience
25 May 2012
SENIOR POWER ENGINEER
You will provide expertise on 650V Signalling Electrical Design, testing and installation for the Thameslink (KO2) project.
You will play a key role in advising clients on the safe implementation of new solutions or modifications of existing power distribution systems at 650/415 & 110 Volts.
Ideally, you will be a chartered electrical engineer with experience of managing a team of sub-contractors.
We believe this role would best suit those are familiar with Network Rail projects, ideally as a CRE.
• Ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effective remedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager.
• Undertake work package management duties for signalling power and other plant items as required by the project including management of sub contractors.
• Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of the power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems for signalling projects to obtain the best available deal for the Company.
• Perform duties as directed by the Principal Power Engineer from time to time.
• Ensure the design, construction and testing targets are met to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Provide leadership/mentorship to local Engineering team.
• Assist project teams with the delivery of power distribution systems at 650/400V and 110V for the safe implementation of signalling systems.
• Preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems.
• Provide training and briefings to signalling staff.
• Undertake Contractors responsible Engineer (CRE) for Network Rail projects.
• Attend meetings with Client and co-ordinate actions to deliver the project to programme and budget.
Able to assist in the following:
• Preparation of estimation and tendering documents.
• Preparation of Project technical and purchase specifications.
• Analysis of customer requirements.
• Attending client interviews
Qualifications, skills and experience required;
Proven client facing experience
Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or electronic Engineering
Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles,
Understanding of the principles relating to the statutory binding Electricity at Work Regulations,
Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
Experience of designing power distribution systems to BS7671 "Requirements for electrical installations - IEE Wiring Regulation".
Experience of managing Sub-contractors
Chartered Engineer or demonstration of progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems.
Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
Experience of Factory acceptance testing and Site acceptance testing of electrical systems.
Previous experience as CRE on Network Rail projects.
Qualified to inspect and test electrical installations in accordance with City and Guilds 2391.
Knowledge of LUL Standards
Familiarity with supervision, control and monitoring systems, e.g. SCADA, as used with power systems.
Full UK Driving licence
As an equal opportunities employer, Invensys is committed to a diverse workforce
|Closing date passed|