- What is TransportXtra.com?
- Who do I contact if I have a query?
- How do I get a password to login?
- When I try and read an article,it says my subscription has expired but I know it hasn't!
- I cant find my 'reader key' to access the site, what do I do?
- Why can I read some articles, but not others?
- I used to be able to read some articles, but now I can't, why?
- How much is TransportXtra.com?
- Why does the site already recognise my email address?
- Why can I only login on one PC at a time?
- Why does it say "Login Alert: You are currently logged in at another location" when I'm not?
- I have 2 1id's! One for the Job site, and one for here, how do I synchronise them and use just 1 to access everything?
- How do I stop getting jobs or news emails?
- How do I have my details deleted from your system?
We offer breaking news and archive content from the leading passenger transport, planning, policy making and modelling trade press, as well as extensive reports libraries and directories.
Editorial discrepancy? Unrelated 'related articles'? Got some content to submit?
- Please contact : 0845 270 7857
- Please contact Justin Andrew: 0845 270 7880
- Want to subscribe to LTT, New Transit or Parking Review, or need your reader key to access TransportXtra, please contact Christine on 0854 270 7900
- Logged in, but unable to access content, or have questions about TransportXtra email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the TransportXtra Helpline on: 0845 270 7859. (Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 14:00 - 16:00)
- Please contact the conference department on 0845 270 7865
- Existing LTT, Parking Review and New Transit subscribers get free access to certain portions of the site. Register your 'Reader key' (On the printed sheet that comes with your magazine) on the homepage to begin using straight away.
- Do you have a 1id? (Email and Password from Jobs-in-Transport.com or Jobs-in-RaIl.co.uk) You can use that to login now, and access the full site free for 2 weeks.
- You can subscribe here, with prices starting at just £60 + VAT per year.
- You can take a free trial using the 'Free trial' tab on the login box at the top of the page.
- You can get access to the relevant portions of the site by purchasing a print subscription to Local Transport Today, Parking Review or New Transit Magazine.
Check your subscription status from the right hand menu...
Does it correctly show that your subscription is within the correct dates and with the correct magazines or level of access you should have? If not, are you using the correct email address and password combination? See next...
Is the article you are trying to access from a publication included in your subscription?
Check the logo next to the article headline.
If you are a Parking Review or Local Transport Today reader, you are only able to read articles from your own publication, not from the other titles.
You must have a Full Access TransportXtra subscription to read all the online content.
If you are a full-access subscriber or partial access and the article is definitely from a magazine you are subscribed to...
You may have 2 passwords. Try all the variations you may have registered with us first.
I am a subscriber, my password is correct, and the article is from a title I have paid to access why does it say my subscription has expired?
We're very sorry for the problem you are experiencing. If the article is definitely from a magazine you subscribe to, you are using the correct username and password combination and you definitely have a full-access subscription, please contact us at: email@example.com Please state the email address and password you are using, along with a link to the article you are trying to access, and we'll get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
If we don't recognise your email address, give us a call on 0845 270 7900 and after confirming a few details, we'll supply you with your reader key.
To get full access, you must either upgrade your LTT/Parking Review only subscription to a full access subscription here or purchase a full-access standalone subscription to TransportXtra.com.
LTT/Parking Review readers get 2 weeks (free) access to the other portions of the site before they have to purchase full access separately. If you've got a current subscription to LTT or Parking Review, youare eligible for an upgrade to full online access.
Got a subscription to LTT, New Transit or Parking Review and only have partial access? Upgrade to include full site access for just £25 + VAT
Call us now to find out how much it will be to have access for your whole office.
If you've ever registered on LTTXtra, for LTT or Transit bulletins, Jobs-in-Transport.com, Jobs-in-Rail.co.uk or have a subscription to one of our magazines your login details are stored here for use on TransportXtra.com.
Additionally, if you've attended an LTT, Transit or Parking Review event with Landor Conferences, or have expressed and interest in transport in person, publically or openly, your details have been gathered here because we think you'll benefit from our product.
We want you, and only you, to be able to access those details. To ensure this, you are logged out automatically if you login on a different PC.
Additional 1id email addresses and passwords for your colleagues can be purchased from the subscription section.
The security settings assume that you are logged in, until you tell it you've logged out. If you simply closed your web browser, the site thinks your still logged in. So the next time you open a window or tab and visit the site, the site will think you're still logged in on the closed window.
Just click 'OK' to continue using the site.
As a result, opening portions of the site in multiple tabs may not work. See 'Why can I only login on one PC at a time?'.
I have 2 1id's! One for the Job site, and one for here, how do I synchronise them and use just 1 to access everything?Simple, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email addresses and passwords you use to access the various sites, and we'll join them up for you.
contact us page.
Any subscriptions, job applications or event bookings attached to your email address will unfortunately be deleted along with your account.
There is also the chance, as there will be no record left to prove otherwise, that we add you to the site by accident in the future.
The best thing to do, is ask us to 'unsubscribe' you and that way you wont be contacted in the future. See "How do I stop getting jobs or news emails?".
I don't care, I just want my details deleted!Of course; Please contact us using the contact us page, with your email address, home address, full name and we'll delete your account with immediate effect.
Please note that by deleting these records, we will have no way of knowing that you do not wish us to contact you again in the future.