Competitive and dependent on experience
25 May 2012
You will provide technical support to ensure the successful and timely delivery of projects within budget and in conformance with Invensys Rail Systems Limited and Network Rail safety and quality requirements.
Experienced in low voltage distribution systems, you will be the technical point of contact for all signaling project enquiries within the Croydon project office.
Your will also manage a team of sub-contractors, ensuring the work package inputs are received and are of suitable quality, scheduling the work package and monitor and report the progress through to completion.
We believe this would best suit those with a design background, who is familiar with Network Rail projects, ideally as a CRE.
• Ensure programme is updated on a weekly basis (in conjunction with Planner)
• Prepare a weekly progress report on entire project
• Oversee management of key sub contracts (in conjunction with project Work Package Managers and Commercial Staff)
• Attend progress and design review meetings as required
• Carry out safety and quality audits
• Ensure that the design, construction and testing targets are met and effective remedial action on power distribution systems as instructed by the Project Engineering Manager to ensure successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Undertake work Package management duties for signalling power and other plant items as required by the project including management of sub-contractors.
• Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained in all aspects of power distribution system design, installation and testing work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
• Assist in the preparation of contract specifications for power distribution systems for signalling projects to obtain the best available deal for the Company.
• Perform duties as directed by the Principal Power Engineer from time to time.
• Undertake Contractors responsible Engineer (CRE) for Network Rail projects.
• Attend meetings with Client and co-ordinate actions to deliver the project to programme and budget.
• Responsible for the delivery, of a number of work packages at any one point in time.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager or Project Manager on the progress of Work Packages, Risks & Issues arising etc. on a regular basis.
• Liaising with project work package managers to ensure coordination of inputs and outputs for dependent parts of the project programme.
• Highlighting any deviation from programme or budget to the Engineering Manager / Project Manager in a timely manner.
• Weekly reporting of Work Package progress on an exception basis.
• Monthly formal reporting of Work Packages by project at the Pre-PDR.
• Liaising with the relevant professional head to ensure standards are met.
• Responsible for monitoring project changes and their impacts on the work package.
Able to assist in the following:
• Preparation of estimation and tendering documents.
• Preparation of Project technical and purchase specifications.
• Analysis of customer requirements.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
Working knowledge of Network Rail and British/European Standards.
Ability to work to tight timescales
Experience of Low Voltage distribution systems (design, installation and testing practices),
Understanding of traditional 650V IT systems for signalling power supplies.
Understanding of redundant backup power supply systems
Good communication and time management skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to deliver key messages efficiently and effectively, tailoring the approach to the audience as appropriate, in order to promote action.
Experience of managing Sub-contractors
Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and/or electronic Engineering
Knowledge of electrical power engineering principles,
Understanding of the principles relating to the statutory binding Electricity at Work Regulations,
Experience of designing power distribution systems to BS7671 "Requirements for electrical installations - IEE Wiring Regulation".
Previous experience as CRE on Network Rail projects.
Experience of Factory acceptance testing and Site acceptance testing of electrical systems.
Full UK Driving licence.
Chartered Engineer or demonstration of progress towards Chartered Engineer status.
Qualified to inspect and test electrical installations in accordance with City and Guilds 2391.
Familiarity with supervision, control and monitoring systems, e.g. SCADA, as used with power systems.
As an equal opportunities employer, Invensys is committed to a diverse workforce
|Closing date passed|