£22,000 - £24,000
30 Apr 2012
Looking to go places with a successful transport planning consultancy who are progressing rapidly with an impressive workload?
Our client seeks a Highway / Infrastructure Engineer with several years experience to work closely with their existing team of engineers and technicians to provide technical support to the design team. The design team is responsible for the development and delivery of preliminary access advice and the detailed design of highway and traffic engineering schemes.
With at least one years experience in highways design and/or traffic engineering, candidates will have as a minimum :-
1) a degree in civil engineering or something similar
2) Good hands-on experience in the use of AutoCAD
3) Good written and verbal communication skills
4) Ability to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative
5) Commitment to continued professional development
You will work on a variety of development projects with responsibility for :-
1) Production of design drawings
2) Assistance with the preparation of technical reports
3) Preparation of preliminary cost estimates
4) Liaise with internal and external Design Teams, Clients and Contractors as appropriate
5) Attendance at site progress meetings as necessary
6) Working to project financial and programme constraints.
It would be helpful, though not essential, if candidates also had some knowledge of AutoTrack, Civil3D, AutoSign and some drainage design experience.
This is an excellent opportunity and a permanent position. The salary is negotiable and will be competitive, probably in the range £22-24,000 p.a., plus a range of benefits. Our client is keen to support career development and actively encourages staff to gain professional qualifications.
If this position is of interest then please email your CV and contact details to Peter Wills.
At Peter James & Partners we respect your privacy and take extraordinary care in the handling of your C.V. and other information we obtain from you. We will not send any of your details, nor approach our client on your behalf in respect of this vacancy, without discussing it with you first and obtaining your permission to do so.
All our services to candidates are FREE and completely CONFIDENTIAL.
(Office) : +44 (0)1425 479 910
E-mail : peter@PJPrecruit.com
Web : www.PJPrecruit.com
Please quote Ref.No. PJP2043
|Closing date passed|